Do your business operations require products and/or equipment to be shipped? Inland Marine Insurance may help cover high-value items or those excluded by the property coverage in a standard business owners policy.
What is Inland Marine Insurance?
Inland Marine Insurance helps cover products, materials and equipment while they are transported on land, such as by truck or train. This coverage is meant to help protect business property that is movable or used for transportation or communication purposes.
When Should a Marine Inland Policy Be Considered?
While it was developed to protect against losses while shipping goods, Inland Marine Insurance may protect your business against a myriad of other property damage risks. Some of these include:
- Bailee’s customer coverage: This is designed to protect your business from liability if a client’s property is damaged in your care, as in operating a repair shop.
- Builders’ risk: During construction projects, builders’ risk can protect the structures and materials used.
- Exhibition and fine art coverage: If a valuable piece of artwork is on display, in transit, or on loan, exhibition and fine art coverage is designed to protect from loss.
- Installation floater: Covers your property during transit from its departure to its final destination point.
- Motor truck cargo coverage: When your business is transporting goods or delivering them to a client, this coverage can protect cargo that is lost or damaged due to causes such as fire, collision, or striking of a load.
What Standard Inland Marine Policies Cover
Mobile Tools & Equipment
Property In Transit
Communication Equipment & Networking Tools
Scientific & Medical Equipment
What Standard Inland Marine Policies Do Not Cover
Claims Over Your Coverage Limit
Actual Vessels Themself
The Right Insurance Policy Begins Here
Begin By Contacting An Agent.
To add this coverage, please get in contact with a Squier Insurance Agent. They will walk you through each step, making sure the coverage you select meets your needs. To begin, please choose one of the options below.
Contact Us Today
Speak with a Squier Insurance Agent to find the coverage you need.
Not Able To Call?
Begin by completing our online form. An agent will contact you as soon as possible.